Thanks for coming by today!
Paper: Pumpkin Pie: SU, Clear card stock, white: PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Close to Cocoa: SU
Accessories: sponge, circle punch: SU, 1/8" tacky tape, spider web cuttlebug folder, deckled edge rectangle Nestability
Kim - a fellow DT member from Canada who makes super detailed cards!
Jenn - the 4th DT member from Hawaii who makes works of art cards!
On this card we stamped the chick on the acetate square with black stazon- turned over the acetate panel and colored in the chick with Sakura Gel pens. Then we attached the acetate behind the circle in the DP and layered it to the panels with foam dimensionals as shown. We made the cute banner sentiment by cutting the ends and scoring 2 lines on each end about 1/4 inch apart and folding.
And our last card was on a half sheet of acetate - we attached the black panel to the inside of the card - attached the purple card to the outside back of the card (to cover the adhesive on the black panel) Then we stamped the image (this is all one stamp) using white stazon on ink and immediately pounced chalk over it using small cotton balls. After it dried a bit we blew and gently rubbed the excess chalk off. This was difficult to photograph - the color chalks are really green and pink.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Now on to the projects! This card was made for today's Inspiration Challenge which was guest hosted by my friend on SCS, Anne. She gave us this picture of a Sun Catcher to be our inspiration. You can see it below - but you can see it better here.
Which one do you like better??
Stamps: Tree backgrounder: Cornish Heritage Farms, Sentiment: Wordsworth
Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Black
Ink: Stazon Azure, so saffron
Accessories: distresser, sponge, butterfly punch: Martha Stewart, dimensionals
And now my final project for today - the Origami flower place cards I've been promising to show you for the past few days!
Aren't these just the cutest things?? I made them for our dinner table for Mother's Day. They are origami tulips, leaves and stand. I got the pattern from a book called 'Minigami' by Gay Merrill Gross published by Firefly Books. I purchased mine at Borders Books and you can also find it on line at places like Amazon.com. They work up in a flash.
The stand has a little slot in the back where the stems just slip right in. I computer generated the names, punched them with the large oval punch and attached them to the front of the stand. I think these will look really pretty at everyone's place on the table tomorrow!
Thanks for checking in with me today - I made 10,000 hits today! and I am so very grateful to everyone for having interest in my 'stuff' here!
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there - I hope you have a wonderful day with your families!Today's Quote from Poor Richard's Almanac by Ben Franklin: "Well done is better than well said."
Paper: Origami red, blue, purple, green, PTI White, unknown blue
Accessories: glue dots
I found the instructions for these cute little fortune cookies in the February Issue of Martha Stewart. They are made by first cutting a 4 inch circle out of felt. Then you cut a 3 3/4" piece of florist wire and place it across the center of the circle. Attach a 4" piece of same color grosgrain ribbon over the wire using a white glue. Let this dry for a couple of hours, Then bend the wire in half and it shapes into a fortune cookie. The instructions said that you could slip Hershey kisses inside them - but I found that the 'cookie' wasn't firm enough or big enough to hold them - so I just stamped a fortune on vellum (hugs and kisses - from Papertrey Ink Sweet Love ) and attached it to the inside of the cookie. I then placed shredded white paper into a flat bottom clear bag and added Hershey kisses around it. I embossed hearts with my Cuttlebug folder on a square of card stock - folded it in half - stamped Happy Valentines Day ($1 Michaels stamp) on a punched scalloped circle and stapled that on the folded top of the bag.
My last craft for our sale is this cute little 'sour cream' container made out of clear acetate. This project was from a challenge on Split Coast Stampers also - we learn such fun things there - you really need to check out all the templates and projects in the Resources section on the site. I cut out the acetate - stamped it with white craft ink with a cute heart and dots stamp from Stampin Up. I let the ink dry overnight as it takes longer to dry on acetate. Then I put super tacky tape on the edges - folded as directed - added delicious Cherry Cream Hershey Kisses and sealed the top. Then I stamped the label with another Stampin Up stamp and stapled that to the top with a piece of ribbon.So - those are the crafts I made for our Valentine's sale - hope you enjoyed them and that they will inspire you to make some too! Let me know what you think by hitting comments below.